PrintNinja - online printing made easy for creators
Our customer service team has helped deliver more than seven million pieces to happy customers around the world. Lean more about that team and quote your printing project today!
Sequential Foil Numbering
Sequential foil numbering is a great addition to Kickstarter / crowdfunded projects, and it can also be done on a small part of the run (say just 100 copies out of 500) to make those copies extra special.
Placement Restrictions and Design Considerations
- Sequential Foil Stamping is done with a special machine, so the size and font of the numbering cannot be changed.
- There will always be 6 numbers.
- Must be placed within 10cm (3.93 inches) of the outside edge. Please see the guide below for a visual example of where you can place your numbers, anywhere in the blue space. Note: we cannot print the numbers within 0.2 inches of the outside edge.
- The size of PrintNinja’s foil numbering is approximately 3/16 inch in height and 1 inch in width. Click here (create a link to a JPEG file) for a downloadable placeholder image.
- Be sure to note that if you wish to place the foil on any of the interior pages/endsheet pages that stamping has an inherent, unavoidable debossing effect that will make the reverse side of the page appear embossed – so make sure you are mindful if this impacts any crucial artwork/text.
How do I let my Prepress Manager know where I would like to place the stamp?
You can go about this one of two ways:
- You can email them directly about the placement. For example, “I would like my sequential stamp placed 1” inside the upper right corner of endsheet #2.”
- You can include a “reference image” PDF when you upload your print-ready artwork. Using the placeholder graphic linked above, just place the graphic where you would like the stamp and export out an additional copy of the page as placement reference for your Prepress Manager. Be sure to name this PDF accordingly, “SequentialStampReference” for example.
Request pricing for this add-on while locking in your price on our quoting calculator. We’ll reach out to you with a custom quote (or questions) within 1 business day of receiving your request.
Please note: Sequential Foil Numbering is currently only available with our international print service, we hope to offer this option domestically in the future.