PrintNinja - online printing made easy for creators
Our customer service team has helped deliver more than seven million pieces to happy customers around the world. Lean more about that team and quote your printing project today!
What kind of folder pockets does PrintNinja offer? Are they right for your project?
Adding pockets to your inside front and back covers is a great way to increase the practicality of your project. Folder pockets can be a great option if your project has punch-outs or is accompanied by many small pieces. Adding a folder pocket provides a convenient way for your customers to store these additional components. If your project contains supplemental handouts (perhaps you’re printing a textbook), folder pockets are also a great option.
- By default pockets are 4″ tall. Be mindful of the thickness and dimensions of the sheets/material that will be inserted into the pocket. For reference, a maximum of 8 sheets of 85lb stock will fit inside a standard folder pocket.
- Books that are 9″ x 12″ or larger and include a folder pocket are able to fit standard 8.5″ x 11″ sheets of paper.
- Case bound and wire/spiral bound projects require the folder pocket to be 15mm (.60”) less wide than the width of the project.
- Saddle Stitch projects require the folder pocket to be 10mm (.40”) less wide than the width of the project.
- Perfect bound and board book projects require the folder pocket to be 18mm (.71”) less wide than the width of the project.
- The width of any inserted sheets needs to be 2mm (.08”) narrower than the added folder pocket width.
- Folder pockets are made using our 10pt stock and will use the same coating as your cover unless otherwise requested. 12pt and 14pt stock can also be utilized if you wish! If your cover stock is lighter than 10pt stock, we DO NOT recommend adding a folder pocket to your project.
- The folder pocket shape is customizable, but we suggest keeping the shape simple. If you are looking for a complex shape, you will need to discuss this with your Account Manager during quoting.
Request pricing for this add-on while locking in your price on our quoting calculator. Just be sure to add a note in the additional info below “Save my Quote” that says something like, “Would like to include a folder pocket on my inside back cover—one-sided printing”. We’ll reach out to you with a custom quote (or questions) within one business day of receiving your request.
File Setup Guide
We will need a file provided with the die-cut shape of the folder pocket if you would like anything other than a standard rectangle. You can find the setup guide here for this add-on.
Note: Currently, folder pockets are only available with international offset printed orders. We hope to have this option available through our domestic digital-offset print option in the future.
Request pricing for this add-on while locking in your price on our quoting calculator. We'll reach out to you with a custom quote (or questions) within 1 business day of receiving your request.Request Pricing