PrintNinja - online printing made easy for creators
Our customer service team has helped deliver more than seven million pieces to happy customers around the world. Lean more about that team and quote your printing project today!
Eco-Friendly Printing Options
Want to reduce your carbon footprint and choose some eco-friendly printing options for your project? We got you.
We work with facilities that are CoC-certified to print with environmentally-friendly Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paper. We can substitute FSC paper for any of our standard paperweights.
Please note: FSC certified paper does require a large minimum order as unique lots of paper are ordered specifically for the job you intend to print. To quote for FSC paper we require Minimum Order Quantities in the following range:
For less than 60 inside pages = MOQ 10,000 units.
Between 60 and 100 pages = MOQ 7,500 units.
Between 100 and 200 pages = MOQ 5000 units.
More than 200 pages = MOQ 2000 units.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot provide FSC-certified paper for board books.
A certified FSC logo will need to be included somewhere in the project. However, the certified logo will not become available until approx. 1-2 weeks after your order is placed. In the interim, you will need to use a placeholder graphic in your artwork.
- The placeholder graphic does not require any specific placement or size, but the placeholder graphic should be in a ratio equal to 2″ wide x 2.75″ high.
- Be sure to communicate with your Prepress Mananger where they can find the placeholder graphic in the artwork, so they can be sure to point it out to the vendor.
- When the order is approved for production and sent to print, the vendor will replace the placeholder graphic with the certified logo.
- Be sure that the page with the placeholder graphic has not been flattened in any way, as this will not allow the vendor to replace the graphic with the certified logo. If that is not possible, then be sure to submit two versions of that page, one with and one without the FSC placeholder graphic included.
Request pricing for this add-on while locking in your price on our quoting calculator. We’ll reach out to you with a custom quote (or questions) within 1 business day of receiving your request.
Another great eco-friendly printing option we offer is soy-based ink.
Complement your FSC paper with our soy-based inks for an environmentally friendly alternative to our standard inks.
The ink is derived from combining refined soy-bean oil with other natural resins and waxes. The upcharge for soy ink is modest, and you can indicate your environmental sensitivity in your advertising materials and on the book itself. And if you think you have to give up quality for sustainability then THINK AGAIN: because soybean oil is naturally clearer than most petroleum-based inks, your colors will look just as bright if not brighter on your pages.
Eco-Friendly Options in the U.S.
While soy ink is not available for domestic orders, almost all of our available paper stocks are FSC certified. Some exceptions are:
- Silver Foil Stock
- Plastic Vinyl Stock
- Black Core Stock for Card Games
- Point (Pt.) or “Board” Stock – FSC sourced versions of Pt. or “Board” stock is available but not always kept in stock. Contact your account manager if your project requires FSC sourced board stock.