PrintNinja - online printing made easy for creators
Our customer service team has helped deliver more than seven million pieces to happy customers around the world. Lean more about that team and quote your printing project today!
Photography Book Industry Standards
PrintNinja recommends keeping the following guidelines in mind when you design a photography book.
A picture is worth a 1,000 words – which means photography books speak the loudest! These books contain full-page photos with very little text other than bylines, the name of the artwork and location. As with any type of art, there are many creative directions you can go in and that holds true with photography books when it comes to finishes and size – a photography book can be just as beautiful as the photos it contains within it. We can help you print the photography book of your wildest dreams! However, if you still want some guidelines, below we’ve assembled the few industry-standard specs that photobooks have.
Photography Book Standards
- Binding: Case bound (hardcover)
- Size: Close to square to easily include both horizontal and vertical photos
- Photo shows 9.125 inches x 8.225 inches.
- Cover Finish: No Standard Finish
- Gloss makes full color photos pop, but photo shows a matte finish.
- Interior Paper Weight: 105lb text
- Interior Paper Coating: No Standard Coating
- Gloss makes full color photos pop, but photo shows a matte coating.