PrintNinja - online printing made easy for creators
Our customer service team has helped deliver more than seven million pieces to happy customers around the world. Lean more about that team and quote your printing project today!
Hardcover Novel Industry Standards
The quintessential printing project, novels have evolved considerably since the first printing press. The page size tends to vary depending on the publisher but can usually be found in the range of 5.5″ x 8.5″ to 6″ x 9″ (please see our page size guide for measuring hardcover books). Mass Market Paperback books, which are usually around 4.25″ x 6.75″, are also a popular option. The paper stock also tends to be the thinnest possible for the binding type to keep costs down, since there isn’t a lot of printing on each page compared to full color art books. As with any book format, though, the specifications are not set in stone and you will always find books with their own unique size and feel.
- Binding: Case bound (hardcover)
- Size: 6 inches x 9 inches
- Cover Paper: Hardcover
- Cover Finish:Gloss or matte lamination
- Inside Paper:70lb text uncoated
- Binding: Perfect (softcover)
- Size: varies, usually around 5.5 inches x 8.5 inches or 6 inches x 9 inches
- Cover Paper: 10pt cover gloss or matte
- Cover Finish: Gloss or matte lamination
- Inside Paper: 55lb text uncoated